|4 - 5 kohlrabi (about 3 lb)||3 tbsp olive oil (or butter)|
|1/2 pound cooked ham||3 egg yolks|
|1 cup whipping cream||2 tbsp all purpose flour|
|nutmeg, salt, pepper to season|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking dish.
2. Peel and dice kohlrabi (approx. 3/4 in. dice). Make sure you cut away any tough parts near the root end.
3. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Add kohlrabi and cook over medium heat about 8 - 10 minutes until almost tender and lightly browned.
4. Dice ham in same size as kohlrabi.
5. Put half of kohlrabi in bottom of baking dish. Cover with ham. Put remaining kohlrabi over top.
6. Mix together egg yolks, cream, flour, and seasonings and pour over kohlrabi.
7. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown on top, about 30-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over kohlrabi in frying pan.
- For the meat in this recipe, use leftover ham or cooked sausage (kielbasa would be nice) - just dice it in the same size you dice the kohlrabi.